September 13, 2009

FINALLY!!!!!

For the past few days, Matthew has been trying to teach himself how to ride a bike. We've been trying to help, but he wanted to do it all by himself. On Saturday, there were 8 or 10 kids riding around the neighborhood on their bikes. I know Matthew was itching to join them. He spent most of the afternoon trying to get going. He would push off with both feet, then try to get his feet on the pedals, with varying degrees of success. Most of the time, he would get his foot on one pedal, then by the time he got his other foot on the other pedal, he lost his nerve and put the other foot back on the ground.
He's almost got it here.....
So this afternoon I was at the neighbor's house at "scrapbook club". I was just cleaning up when one of my neighbors ran back into the house and yelled, "Matthew's riding his bike!" I, of course, ran for my camera. I wasn't able to get many shots because it was almost dusk.
And yes, I know he isn't wearing his helmet. I told him that I am proud of him for learning to ride his bike, but if I catch him riding his bike again without a helmet that he would be in big trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment