May 26, 2009

End of an Era

Since Reed and Matthew turned 1, they have been bringing a sleeping bag to daycare on Monday, and bringing it home on Friday. And every Friday I washed the sleeping bag. All in all, 8 years of washing a sleeping bag. EVERY weekend.

Reed graduated from preschool on Friday. He's moved up to the "big kids" room at daycare. And what goes along with being a big kid? No more naps! So now that Reed won't be napping at daycare, he doesn't need his sleeping bag any more. I washed it this weekend, with the intention of putting it in away in his closet. He wanted to just throw it out when I told him that he doesn't need it at school. (Believe me, I was tempted!) I told him that we need to save it for camping, or if he has a friend over, or if he wants to take a nap in it at home.

He was so excited about being able to take a nap in his sleeping bag that he raced upstairs, brushed his teeth, spread the sleeping bag out on his bed, and crawled in. At 7:30 pm. If I only knew that a sleeping bag was all it took to get him to bed early......!

Of course, now I'm worried that he wanted to go to bed so early because he's sick. Hopefully he's just worn out from the long weekend of staying up late and playing hard. But only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment