Yesterday was an "upside down day". What that means in our house is that we hav breakfast for dinner. We had pancakes - yum! For years, we have used Eggo syrup. The bottle has a great design -it doesn't spill or drip when you pour it. Scott spied a new version of Eggo syrup at the store - Butter Pecan flavor. He thought it sounded good, so he bought it. We tried it a little while ago, and it was terrible! Tasted like burn plastic. We didn't just get a bad batch, as evidenced by this review of the product. I wrote to Kellogg's and told them what I thought of their product. A few days later I got an apology, along with a promise of some coupons coming in the mail. (We are still waiting for the coupons).
Back to dinner last night... We decided to give Aunt Jemima syrup a try. Reed started to pour waaaay too much syrup on his pancakes. I told him that he didn't need so much, since this syrup is so thick. Reed said "that's right. It's thicker than the other leading brands." Think he watches too much TV?
Today was a pretty lazy day. We napped, played outside a little bit, and finally cleaned up the bonus room. There were toys everywhere. We have a rummage sale coming up at the end of the month. I have half a mind to put all of the kid's toys in the sale and just keep what doesn't sell.
And dinner tonight? We tried to make up for last night's pancakes with a healthier option. Grilled salmon and some peas. Yum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment