Today started out as a lazy "Saturday Pajama Day". I had planned to update this blog, surf the Internet, read some blogs, take a nap.... just wind down from a long week back at work after an even longer 12 day break. Reed was helping me out, clearing up some breakfast dishes. He likes to hold them with one hand. He calls it being "fancy". (Like a waiter in a fancy restaurant? I'm not sure.) He may have gotten it from the penguins in "Mary Poppins".
So as I was saying - I was planning on spending the day in my PJ's and not really getting anything done, when... I got a phone call from my friend Andrea just after 3:00. She said that she was about 15 minutes away from our house, and could she come over? The answer was an immediate "of course!" I jumped in the shower, and finally had some energy!
Andrea moved about 90 minutes from here 13 (14?) years ago. We used to be inseparable. We worked together, ate lunch together nearly every day, shopped together, played volleyball, broomball. Since we are both now married with kids, and living 90 minutes apart, we don't see each other as much as I would like. She brought her youngest daughter with her, who is just a few months younger than my oldest son. We caught up on a lot of stuff, looked at some old pictures, went to dinner... and then she and Scott began designing displays for her handmade jewelry. They seemed to be having a great time brainstorming ideas.
I also made some beer bread (yum!), and played a lot with my Slice. I learned some new tricks from scanning some blogs - so that was fun. All in all it was a great day! The other exciting news is that we got Reed's kindergarten registration forms in the mail today. It's hard to believe that my "baby" will be going to kindergarten. I think he's ready for it now, though. (But am I?)

No comments:
Post a Comment