Matthew started bringing home a daily planner in 2nd grade. At first it was just a recap of the day - what they learned in each subject. In third grade, the planners are much more detailed. He makes a note to read for at least 20 minutes, practice "math facts", read in his science book, what homework problems he has to do, and when he has tests. Every day, I go through his "take home" folder and planner. I look for homework that has been graded, look for homework that still needs to be done, and check for any important school news, lunch cards that need to be purchased, etc.. It's hard to believe that in a few years (maybe next year?) he won't need me to check up on him anymore. Of course, if he's anything like his father, I will have to keep it up until he gets through high school.....
January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment