So, today's post should probably be about the inauguration... but there are so many other postings about it out there that I figure that the subject has been adequately covered..... :)
The picture below is the DVR. The invention that has changed my life. Literally. I'm not sure what other invention has had a bigger impact on our day to day lives. We can set it up to record the shows that we want to watch, and then we can go about our daily life. When we have some free time, the shows are there, ready for us to watch. We're not slaves to the TV schedule anymore....! And when we are watching our shows, we can fast forward through the commercials. (A fact that advertisers HATE.) In the picture, the red "Record" light is on. Whenever glance over at the DVR and see that light, it makes me happy! I know that when I have some free time and want to relax, there's a show waiting for me to watch.
Tonight I played Wii Sports for a while - two sets of tennis and 5 or 6 rounds of boxing training. It was fun! I wanted to play DDR, but it is having issues. I sent an e-mail in to customer support; we'll see what kind of response I get from them. I have a feeling that it's the dance pad controller. I do have an aftermarket controller that I can use instead - just haven't gone upstairs yet to get it.
I am going to try to use the Wii more often to get some exercise. I weighed 850 lbs yesterday. Well, not just me... 4 of us in my department entered the "Battle of the Bulge", a weight loss competition that my employer sponsors each year (we all get on the scale together). I snuck a few Hershey's kisses today, and one of my co-workers gave me a hard time about it. It's great to have that support!

No comments:
Post a Comment