Here's another thermometer shot. Yes, you are reading it right - it's 12.5 below zero at 5:41 (am, that is). I took this picture just before we left for the hospital for Scott's surgery. I put the camera down to put my coat on, and (of course) I forgot to bring my camera to the hospital. So - no shots of him in pre-op, waiting for the nurse to come get him, no shot of him in post-op, having his blood pressure and other vitals checked. No shots of the car warming up in the frigid cold, no shots of him in the car with a "Finding Nemo" blanket on his lap.
But what is important is that the surgery wasn't as bad as it could have been. The procedure ended up taking only about 20 minutes. The Dr. said that he did a little smoothing, and a little trimming, but overall, his knee looked pretty good. We were home by 9:30 in the morning. Scott tried to get comfortable on the couch, but just couldn't do it. He went up (yes, up the stairs) to bed and slept until 2:00. When he got up, he made his own lunch, and then sat in the recliner with his laptop. He took two Tylenol at 5:30 for pain - so far that's been it.
Reed had a birthday party at 5:30, so I dropped him off there and went to Wal-Mart to buy baby aspirin for Scott. The Dr. wants him to take 1 pill 2 times a day for 4 weeks to ward off blood clots. The aspirin ended up costing $10!!! (But it came with a few bags of free chocolate. Funny how that works.) I picked up a Papa Murphy's pizza and headed for home. By the time I got home and got the pizza cooked and cool enough to eat, it was time to go get Reed from the party.
All things considered, it turned out to be an uneventful day. I hope Scott's recovery is as easy as today was.

No comments:
Post a Comment