Scott went out to hear a band Saturday night, so Matthew and Reed both decided that they would sleep in my bed. Reed was up past 11. No matter what I did, he would not go to sleep. Overtired 4 year old + big brother + being told what to do and when to do it = disaster, so Reed and I stayed home while Scott and Matthew went to church. They stayed after church to work on a Boy Scout badge with our pastor.
Around 2, I left to go to a scrapbooking crop. I got 4 pages done (in 7 hours). It's not about how much you get done - it's more about the creative process. (At least that's what I tell myself....) The photo below is one of the pages that I did. The pictures are of Matthew in 2001 at Christmas time. The diecuts are from my Slice (Fa La La and Notecard cards), the patterned paper is Basic Grey (Wassail), cardstock is Bazzill.
I love scrapbooking. I have been doing it for about five years now off and on. It gives me a chance to be creative, to spend time with friends, and get a break from "life". The funny thing is that time scrapbooking is seen as "escape" time - get away from the kids, the house, the job, etc. But what do you do when you work on your scrapbook? You spend hours looking at pictures of your kids and family, which inevitably leads to you talking about your kids... and so your time "away" is really spent with your family, in one way or another. I also see scrapbooking as a way to count my blessings, and to reflect on how lucky I am, and how good my life really is. It's hard to be positive these days - with news of layoffs, foreclosures, stock prices... but compared to how bad things could be, (and are for other families), we are doing just fine.

No comments:
Post a Comment